Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Announcing the 2014-2015 Prima Design Team! EEEEK!

Primadt
So we have a little announcement on the Prima blog today! Coordinating the Prima Design Team is one of my FAVORITE jobs! :)

I love working with the super talented designers all year long. From opening their emails and gasping at their gorgeous creations, to becoming friends with them online, the whole experience is surreal. And sometimes, when I am REALLY, REALLY lucky, I even get to meet them in person! (That is saying a lot as we have a HUGE global team representing the entire world!) To say that I am SLIGHTLY excited today is an understatement!

So here is the Prima announcement in it's entirety:


First of all: a special THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts to everyone who applied! We were humbled beyond words to see so many talented people apply for our design team. Your creativity, beautiful projects, and sweet words about our company are all appreciated so much.
We know that along with the excitement for the new team there will be some disappointment too...and we hurt right along with you. If there was ANY way we could add everyone who applied to the team we would do it in a heartbeat! So please know we appreciate YOU. We love seeing your work, we know you put yourself out there, and we THANK for it.  We will always consider ALL of you as part of our Prima family!

So: after spending hundreds of hours going through gorgeous design team applications, poring over blogs filled with beautiful projects, and repeating this process multiple times, we FINALLY have our new team narrowed down! Please help us give these gals the warmest welcome ever. (Click on their names for a wonderful creative journey around the world.)

Line
 
Adrienne
 
What music do you listen to when you scrap? I usually don't listen to much music when I scrap. I have two little ones, and the silence after they go to bed is GOLDEN :) I do sometimes however turn on Pandora and gravitate to 80's music. It's spunky, moody and really gets me in a creative mood. 
 
What is one food you cannot eat? Lima Beans. BLAH.
Line
Amélie Mordret-France
Namecard

When did you start scrapping? I started scrapbooking after the birth of my first son. I wanted to make him a baby book, and I have been addicted ever since. I have always been really creative, and I enjoy drawing & painting. Scrapbooking has been a great avenue for me to express my creative side. 
When do you scrap? I scrap whenever I can find free time. I don’t really have a particular style, it really varies from project to project.  I just love playing with different papers and trying new techniques.  My projects always include stitching and lots of layering. My favorite color is Blue and my favorite Prima products are Color Blooms and obviously flowers!
Line
 
Aniacollage
 
What is your favorite Prima product ever?   Definitely flowers! I love them! I have used them for many years for various projects. They have fantastic forms, colors, and they are very flexible.
 
What's your favorite movie?  I don’t have one favorite. I like dramas, comedies and cartoons for children. Recently I watched, with my kids, "Transformers"... all the time. You know ... day after day! :)
 
Line
Camilla Ekman- Sweden
Camillacollage

Tell us your favorite thing about living in your country? I love the nature, and the fact that we have four seasons. Through my small country you can experience so many different kinds of nature. Most of all I love the sea and the forests.
What's your favorite color? My favourite colour is blue, even though a lot of my clothes are white or black. Blue comes in so many beautiful shades and reminds me of both the sea and the sky.
Line
 
 
Delaina

Tell us your favorite thing about living in your country (compared to other countries)?  I love living in the United States for so many reasons, and especially my part of the U.S. My town is a little slower pace than most places. We have wonderful southern cuisine, beautiful scenery, and down home, genuine hospitality.

What is one food you cannot eat? I am an extremely picker eater... too many "will nots" to name. LOL!
Line
 
 
Erincollage


What is one food you cannot eat? Cooked spinach. My mom forced it on us over and over again as kids. I never liked it then and will never touch it now (that I have a choice!).

What is your favorite movie? Oklahoma! I'm old-fashioned and I love my old musicals. My sister Kelly Foster and I used to watch it ALL the time. Act it out. Every song memorized. Still love it!
 
Line
 

Francollage


What is your favorite Prima product ever? This is a hard one! Probably the Junkyard Findings Small Typo Bulbs. Or the Romance Novel clear acrylic stamp.
 
Tell us your favorite thing about living in your country (compared to other countries)? I think it's got to be the self-deprecating humour!
 
Line
Georgia Heald- Australia
Georgiacollage

  • What is one food you cannot eat? I cannot eat any type of seafood. Even just smell of it makes my stomach churn. My first Valentine's Day with my hubby, he took me to a seafood restaurant. Yes, that went down well...NOT! lol.
  • If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world where would you go? That would be Spain. We went on a family holiday there in 2007 and totally fell in love. The food, the people, the weather, the landscape...all pure heaven!
Line
 
 
Jennifercollage

What music do you listen to when you scrap?  I actually listen to audio books when I scrap.  It’s too difficult for me to sit and quiet myself to read so this is a great solution for me.
If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world where would you go?  Wow – just one place, huh?  Difficult to narrow the list, but I’d really love to go to Spain. 
Line
 
Kasiacollage2
 
Tell us your favorite thing about living in your country? It's just my home and even if I'm dreaming about other countries I will always think about Poland like "Home Sweet Home". The most beautiful things here are: warm and calm nights in the summer; beautiful autumn; the scent of meadows; how much we Polish people treasure our ancestry; and how much we like to gather together. That's what I love about Poland, but there is much more.

If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world where would you go? As for now I would want to go somewhere in the deep forest. I'm a little tired of the city for the last few weeks, so the only thing I'm dreaming about is a few weeks somewhere far away from the noise.
Line
 
 
Kasiacollage
 
What's your favorite color? I love all shades of blue- from soft pastels baby blue to strong and vivid turquoise- blue makes me happy
 
If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world where would you go? I would love to go to Bali, rest in amazing bungalow on the water, and do nothing (apart of snapping tons of photos while sipping refreshing drinks!)
Line

Kellycollage
 
What is your favorite Prima product ever? My first reaction was FLOWERS - all of them!!! But then in close second, comes Prima's stencils and stamps!!! I use them on nearly all of my projects, and I love that they are "forever" products that you can't use up!!

What is one food you cannot eat? I have to pick just one?! I am a super picky eater. I could never, ever, EVER - try sushi. NO way. Never! Haha!! The thought of it makes my stomach turn!!
Line
 
Keren Tamir- Canada
 
Kerencollage
  • What is your favorite Prima product ever?  My favourite Prima product ever is definitely flowers. I really can't pick just one, they are all so gorgeous and I can't design without them.
    .
  • If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world where would you go? If I could go on vacation anywhere  in the world I would probably want to go to somewhere exotic like Fiji. I love the ocean so it needs to be present in most of the trips I take.
  • Line
Louise Nelson-Australia
Louisecollage
What is your favourite Prima product ever?At the moment that would have to be have to be the new resin frames from both the Ingvild Bolme and Prima Marketing ranges, aaaaaand the Color Bloom spray mist [especially the gold]!  :)
 
What music do you listen to when to when you scrap? I have a small selection of artists/movie sound tracks, whose songs play randomly and they include; Adele, Tracey Chapman, Jack Johnson, Gypsy Kings, soundtrack from the movie the Big Chill, and Annie Lennox.
Line
 
Nadia Cannizzo- Australia
 
 Nadiacollage


What is your favorite movie? Schindler's List
 
What music do you listen to when you scrap? sad and nostalgic music 
 
Line
Nine Mendella- France
 
Ninecollage
 
What is one food you can’t eat? I hate leeks .... Since I was little, the smell makes me nauseous, but my mother cooked them every week. I would rather starve than eat these vegetables again and I swore to my children that they never would have leeks for dinner.
 
What music do you listen to when you scrap? When I work I can not listen to music. I have no room- just a desk in the living room. The only music I can hear is the sweet melody of my kids games or cartoons that they watch on television.
 
Line
 
 
Olgacollage
 
What is your favorite Prima product ever? - I really can't do without Prima flowers and stamps! I use them in each project! :)
 
What's your favorite movie? - It's hard to choose just one...I like romantic movies and comedies like Notting Hill, Love Actually, Bridget Jones’s Diary and Back to the Future.
Line
 
WaiSam Ho- Malaysia
 
Samcollage
 
What is one food you cannot eat? I love, love chocolate, but recently I found out that I cannot drink Milo drink. Milo is a chocolate and malt drink by Nestle which is extremely popular in Malaysia, Singapore, and Australia. I have been growing up drinking this everyday. But after I gave birth, it gives me a tummy ache whenever I drink a cup of hot Milo drink. I was thinking I might be allergic to milk protein or I might be lactose intolerant. Apparently I am not since I have cheese and dairy products once in a while in my regular diet. Weird, huh?
 
What are your favorite Prima products ever? Hum.. this is really tough. I could spend hours and hours telling you what is my favourite and how I use them in my projects. However, the new Insta-Scrap collection with all the different sizes ATC cards is by far my favourite. I can use them in pocket-style scrapbooking, make a quick card, or even use it to add layering to my layouts. The sky is the limit when it comes to these cute ATC cards!
 
Line
 
Shirel- Switzerland
 
Shirelcollage
 
 
  • What music do you listen to when you scrap? Love 80s music! I put the volume up and sing very loud (I would also like to dance but with brushes is not practical!). I realized only after that the window is open and all the neighbors probably heard me!
 
  • If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world where would you go? I have two big dreams: 
- Visit California by car; take my time to explore, contemplate, swim in the ocean; find a hotel on the road; visit secret places. I love to meet people, discuss, share our impressions of life.
- Go to New Zealand and Australia, rent a motorhome, and go on adventures. I love the great outdoors and different landscapes, listen to the silence, and feel at peace with myself (but my Art Journal is never far away!)
 
Line
 
 
Wendycollage
 
What's your favorite color? Yellow. It’s full of life, light, brightness, joy and vitality.

What's your favorite movie? Eat, Pray, Love.  Simply because it’s been the story of my life.  Seriously.

Line
 
Sharon Laakkonen- USA: DT Coordinator
 
Sharon collage
 
So let's all give our new Prima DT a warm welcome! I know these gals are going to inspire you like crazy over the next year! And stay tuned for tomorrow...when we announce our 12 Guest Designers! We are super excited to share their names with you too! ~Sharon
 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome and Congratulations to all the DT members!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, thank you for posting the application. I have saved and printed the form, however, I have no idea if my doctor

    will approve of my interest. I am apprehensive about completing and submitting it unless I am certain my chronic pain does

    qualify. I cannot draw attention to myself due to my profession.
    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete