Sunday, March 30, 2014

Packing. Packing. Packing.

This isn't my first time to teach. And it isn't my first time to teach in Paris. BUT, I swear I have more stuff to bring this time than ever before. And I've gone through my suitcase twice already. (I am now invading Bill's suitcase with artsy stuff. HAHA. He doesn't need that many clothes, right?) So, you lucky duck students are going to have a blast with everything I bring over!!



































I am REALLY looking forward to teaching this week-end! It's one of my favorite things to do in the whole world. I love sharing my love for the hobby. I love meeting people and seeing their amazing creativity. I love experiencing new cultures. And I love French food! Version Scrap is a wonderful event to experience it all! (Isn't that Paris print gorgeous? You can find it on Etsy! I just might have to buy myself one!)

So here is a run-down for those who signed up for my classes and what to bring!

Custom Art Journal:
Photos are optional. You can add them easily later. If you want to include some in your art journal.  (About 6-8 2x3 and 4x6 photos in both orientations will work for the pages we will go over. There are lots of additional pages to finish at home.)

Supplies to bring:
Heat Gun (if possible)
Paper Trimmer
Fancy-Edged Scissors or Edge Punch
Adhesive for sequins, paper, and flowers (I use fabric liquid adhesive- Helmar or Fabri-Tac)
Crop-a-dile or small hole punch
Small paint brush for details
Gold Ink
Wet Wipes
Paper Towel or Towel
Class sponsors include Faber Castell, PanPastel, Prima


Family Mixed-Media Journal
You may bring 3x4 and 4x6 landscape photos, or add them at home. This book holds a lot of photos, but we will be concentrating on the page backgrounds.

Supplies Needed:
Heat Gun (if possible!)
Apron
Paper Trimmer or Scissors/ruler
Adhesive for fabric, flowers, paper, ribbon
Decorative scissors or paper edge punch
1 inch foam paintbrush
Water spray bottle
Wet wipes/paper towel
Black or Brown Permanent Ink (Ranger Archival or Staz On)
Class Sponsors: PanPastels, Faber Castell, Stampendous
Blush Project Life Album


Supplies to Bring:
Black Pen
Scissors
Paper Trimmer
Adhesive for paper
Photos (not required, but you can bring a variety of 4x6 inch (horizontal) & 3x4 inch (vertical) shots. Each page holds two-three photos. There are 40 pages in this album. We will go through 4-5 spreads.)
Sponsors Include: American Crafts, Becky Higgins, Simon Says Stamp



1 comment:

  1. Bienvenue ! We've been having great weather, but may have some rain in the forecast for the weekend. We had some bad pollution a couple of weeks ago, but that's cleared up. Bon Voyage ! Enjoy your class and visit !

    ReplyDelete